Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happiness is Singing in the Choir

Wow! I lllllllooooovvvvveeeeee jazz! I mean I've always listened to it and have really enjoyed it but I only recently just started to truly appreciate how complex and wonderful it is. Sadly this semester is over and my one class, my jazz choir class, is over :( But it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. With only about 10 people we were able to make sounds that a 60 person choir can produce. The fabulous part of it though, was that everyone's personalities could show. Jazz is a genre that is so different and yet universal. You automatically know when you hear it but there are so many different dialects and types that it's constantly changing. I have been truly blessed to have been involved with "A Splash of Red", which was the name of this jazz group, and I can't wait to be able to get back together next semester.

Music has always been such a big part of my life. It's something that I've always been able to use to express myself and has helped me feel better in hard times, become happier when I'm not, show how happy i am, and express the real feelings i am having at the moment.Music is something that connects hearts and heals souls. It creates emotions that people didn't even know they could feel. And it always helps me show others exactly what's in my heart. I don't think i'll ever be able to get away from it and honestly, I don't ever want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment