Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Results!

So from my last post i challenged myself and the few readers i have to spend a day being totally positive. How'd it go everyone? Well i'll tell you a few things that happened to me. I spent a few days trying to positive but not every single one stayed that way all day. The first day i got to the office and everything was shut down. We were having major computer and phone issues, and missed several patients phone calls because of it, needless to say most parents were slightly angry. But, keeping with the theme i tried to be even more pleasing then usual over the phone and you know what? IT WORKED! A few parents called annoyed and ended the call being ok about the whole fiasco. I mean i'm normally very pleasant over the phone trying to calm down a parent but it doesn't happen often and that day it did. Luckily i was able to keep myself a little more happy then i would've been and hopefully kept some patients happy as well.

Next day i tried i had to work at Neilsens. Usually i get very tired and irritable toward the end of the night from working, but i remained positive and it didn't seem so bad. We got done pretty quickly and i went home feeling tired but not totally worn out, like usual. I even had a customer tell me i was one of the happiest and most accomidating fast food workers he's ever seen. Now that may not be true, but it was nice to hear.

I'm sure many other things happened that i didn't even notice but over all i'd say the challenge had been met! If any of the people i came in contact during those times felt any better, i really don't know, but i know that i felt good and that usually makes people around you feel pretty wonderful too. So tell me all about your experiences and don't let the challenge stop here. Keep being positive, look for ways to make someones day, wear a smile, and always serve others.

No comments:

Post a Comment