Monday, November 15, 2010

CRASH! BAM! ALAKAZAM!

Who would've thought that a simple two minute trip from work to the gas station down the street would end in a smashed door, a ticket, and (what i'm sure will be) higher insurance cost? So here's what happened. I was making a very legal left turn out of a gas station in queen creek where, by the way, the roads are only one way everywhere you go. I had looked left and right several times but didn't see a single soul coming and the light was green so i thought "wow a perfect opportunity to turn" but there were cars blocking the way in the lane i needed to turn in (since there is only one of them) so i had to wait a second to move. Once the cars had moved i looked both ways once more and since no one was coming i began to leave the driveway of the station. Just as i was about to turn a white p.t. cruiser came from nowhere and collided with the driver side of my car. Luckily i was only doing about 5 miles an hour and since he had just freshly made a right turn he couldn't have been going more then 10 or so. It scared me though because had we been going faster i probably would've been seriously injured since he hit me squarely on the driver door right where my body was sitting. The guy in the other car looked at me like i was absolutely crazy, but i didn't see him at all until he was just about to hit me because he didn't even try to stop and i couldn't keep going without getting hit. Also luckily, no one was hurt, and he was pretty nice about the whole situation. Unfortunately since i was the one making the left turn it was automatically my fault. Somehow i find this unfair since i looked several times and no one was coming and i know he must have been making a right hand turn because no one was coming straight even though the light was green. I mean he had to have not been paying very good attention to turn that sharp of a corner and not be able to stop in time to not hit me. Well what do you know? I got a ticket for "failure to yield to oncoming traffic" LAME!!!!!! It makes me upset because it really was his fault but because i was making the left it's automatically mine. Where is the justice in that? It also sucks because i feel like i'm a pretty cautious driver some may think otherwise, but you have to admit i don't speed or swerve through traffic or run red lights or do stupid things like that. I'm human so i make mistakes and i'm very jumpy but i think over all i'm not a bad driver so why the heck did it have to be me who already has the ghetto-mobile and now it's even worse! So now on top of a broken window that doesn't stay up i have a driver door that closes but still leaves space at the top and bottom so it doesn't seal properly and is smashed. Ialso have a broken visor and apparently a bad hose that one car repair man says exists and another says it doesn't. plus the paint is peeling off the hood and i can't even wash it because there are holes everywhere!!! Don't get me wrong i'm very grateful for my car and she's lasted me for a few years and hasn't had any major problems and lets face it at least i have a car when there are plenty of people who don't, but i'm tired of things breaking on me. I really am ok i promise i'm just venting because the entire situation is stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment